Section 1: Batteries
A. History & Common Terms
1. Glossary of Basic Electrical Terms/Words (I've heard that term/word, but what does it mean?)
Common terms are: Voltage/Volts (V), Amperes/Amps (A), Watts (W), Power (P), Resistance (R), Internal Resistance (IR), C-rating (C), Milliampere Hour (mAh), Ohms (Ω),
Current, Charged/Over charged, Drained/Over-drained, Anode (Positive +), Cathode (Negative -), Electrolyte, Potentiometer, and more....
2. When was the battery invented?
3. What are batteries made of?
4. A few different Battery Types
b) Nickel-based (NiCd or NiMH)
c) Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
d) Lithium-Polymer (LiPo)
- Cycling/Endurance of above batteries
5. What are the different cell types?
6. What is the difference between Series and Parallel?
7. Summary of Section 1A - Basic Battery Knowledge from the vaping perspective
B. Basic Battery Care
1. Installation & Removal
2. Storage/not in use
7. When to replace
8. Summary of Section 1B - Basic Battery Care Do's & Don'ts and how it applies to vaping
C. 18650 Battery Testing
- We load tested and compiled data for 4 popular brands of 18650 batteries. Click the links below to see our findings:
1) Write Up
3) Test Results & Application